Snowdrop Cottage – 18 Wye Rapids Cottages, Symonds Yat, HR9 6BL - Terms and Conditions
1. Booking: The receipt of your signed booking form together with deposit constitutes agreement of all terms and conditions and shall complete the contract between ourselves. A receipt of the deposit will be issued.
2. Booking: A £100 non-refundable deposit is payable at time of booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks before arrival. If you book less than six weeks before arrival, the full amount must be paid at the time of booking.
3. Booking: The Party Lead, as outlined in the booking form, is responsible and accountable for the conduct of all guests. Alternatively, the party lead should request all adults (18 years and over) to sign the booking form acknowledging the Terms and conditions as outlined.
4. Booking: Price includes electricity, heating, linen, and towels. Towels are for use within the cottage only; guests are required to use their own towels for external purposes.
5. Booking: We will ask for a £100 security deposit at the time your final balance is due. This will be refunded within one week of departure, unless there is a need for extra cleaning or pay for damage etc
6. Arrival / Departure: Occupancy shall be from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival, subject to unavoidable delays, to 10.00 am on the day of departure. We are unable to guarantee an early check in (unless agreed), even where your travel arrangements result in you arriving at the cottage prior to 3pm.
7. Departure: You are required to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy order as you find it, or extra charges will be incurred. Damage or loss will be deducted from the security deposit.
8. Cancellation: If you need to cancel your booking for any reason please contact us, in writing, as soon as possible. We will then try to re-let the property for the period of the booking. If we succeed in re-letting the property for the same amount, we will refund all monies, less the non-refundable deposit and less an administration fee of £50. If we are only able to re-let for a lesser amount, we will refund that amount, less the non-refundable deposit, less admin fee of £50, the balance being forfeit.
9. Booking Transfer: A booking transfer can be arranged at the owner’s discretion. If the new booking period is of a higher value an additional deposit will be required and no admin fee will be charged. If the booking period is for a lesser value, we will try to re-let the property for the period previously booked. If we succeed in re-letting the property for the same amount an administration fee of £50 will apply. If we are only able to re-let for a lesser amount, you will be required to pay the difference plus a £50 administration fee.
10. Breakage or Damage: Please report any breakage or damage as soon as possible to allow us time to repair or replace the item as soon as possible. Guests are responsible for any breakages or damages.
11. Availability: The cottage will be placed at your disposal on dates as agreed, however, should this be impossible due to unexpected events, i.e. Fire, Theft, Damage etc which would lead to cancellation, then your deposit and booking fee will be returned and you will have no claim against us.
12. Care of the Property: Guests are asked to take all reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings, and all effects in the property and leave them in the same condition and state of repair at the end of the rental period as found at the beginning. General cleaning is included in the booking charge, but additional charges will apply for stains.
13. Pets: Two well behaved dogs are allowed in the cottage, however any damage due to the pets must be charged. Pets are not allowed on the beds, please use blankets to cover furniture if you know your dog will jump on it.
14. Smoking: Smoking is strictly prohibited in the lodge. A £1,000.00 cleaning / fumigation charge will be applied if this is not adhered to.
15. Liability: The owners or managers shall not be under any liability to the client or third parties for any loss or damage arising from a breach of the contract or negligence on the part of the client. The owners cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense, or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property and its: plumbing, electrical or otherwise, or exceptional weather. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during the occupancy.
• We cannot accept bookings from persons aged under 18 years of age.
• We reserve the right not to let the cottage to anyone we feel is not suitable to take charge. Your deposit would be refunded.
• We also reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage, or disturbance.
• Under special circumstances /or emergencies, we have the right to enter the property.
17. Description: Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the accuracy of information is correct, we are relieved of any liability due to errors or omissions. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions. Descriptions are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. Please contact the owners for any clarification.
18. Payment: If the property has not been paid in full when due, then the owners have the right to resell.
19. Repeat bookings will be eligible for 5% discount, these bookings must be made directly with owners.
20. You must not sell or transfer the booking to another party. If you are not able to attend but have somebody who would like to book instead, please email us the full details including contact details of interested parties.
21. Complaints: If you are not happy with anything in the Lodge, we want to hear from you, we have tried to ensure that everything is in good condition and hope that any issues are reported asap during your stay. Please do not leave a negative review without us first being informed. We will do our utmost to get it rectified.
Have a great time! We always enjoy hearing from you and fantastic days out
Privacy and Data Policy
What type of information do you collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
How do you collect information?
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why do you collect such personal information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do you store, use, share and disclose your site visitors' personal information?
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
How do you communicate with you?
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.